If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This casserole has made the rounds and you can find variations all over the internet but I still pull out my Momma's recipe card when I make it.
My family has always enjoyed it on Christmas morning with all the necessary holiday beverages and a winter fruit salad. Hard to mess up and warm and comforting. Perfect to feed a crowd! —The Hungry Leopard
pound breakfast sausage
cups shredded cheddar cheese
slices of bread
cups milk + 1/2 cup milk, reserved
can of Cream of Mushroom soup
tablespoon dried Italian Herbs
teaspoon dry mustard powder
Freshly cracked black pepper
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spread the bread cubes into the prepared dish.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the sausage until coked through and no longer pink. Drain the excess grease.
- Sprinkle the browned sausage over the bread cubes.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the sausage.
- Beat the eggs with 2 cups of milk, mustard powder, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over bread/sausage/cheese. Cover the dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 cup of milk. Pour over casserole.
- Bake casserole until firm and golden brown on top, approximately 1 hour.
- Eat and Enjoy!