If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious and easy stir fry using rice noodles, veggies, and either shrimp, chicken, or pork or beef. This was a family favorite my Lola used to make, and I love how easy it is to throw together. —Madeline Hall
- 1 packet rice noodles (6-8 oz)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup green beans or corn for additional veggies (optional)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Soak rice noodles in warm water for 15-30 minutes. Drain completely, and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbl. of the oil on high heat. Add shrimp and season with 2 tbl of the soy sauce, vinegar, and black pepper. Cook until shrimp are completely done (should be pink and no longer clear). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add more oil if necessary and add vegetables. Cook until onions are clear and veggies are crisp on the outside. Add shrimp back in the pan and then add rice noodles, mixing everything together. Add remainder of soy sauce, additional black pepper if needed, and the rest of the oil. Cook on high heat and mix noodles with veggies and shrimp, until noodles are tender. Serve with a side of lemon and green onion!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of