If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple and flavorful salad I prepared for my boyfriend's office lunch. —Valentina | The Blue Bride
- 340 grams fingerling potatoes
- 50 grams french lentils
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 150 grams red cabbage
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt + extra for boiling potatoes and lentils
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Bring to boil a little pot of water.
- With a vegetable brush, wash the potatoes under running water, cut them in half lengthwise and put them in a bigger pot; cover them with abundant water, add a pinch of salt and bring to boil.
- When the little pot of water starts to boil, add lentils, a pinch of salt and cook following the time indicated on the package – I boil them for 20 minutes and they were just perfect.
- In the meantime finely slice the cabbage and put it in a mixing bowl.
- In a little bowl mix grated garlic clove, mustard, oil, salt and pepper.
- Drain lentils, rinse with cold water and set aside ; drain potatoes, put them again in the empty pot, pour the vinegar, stir and let cool.
- Add lentils and potatoes to the shredded cabbage, pour the seasoning and stir until everything is well dressed.