If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Is this a recipe… I don't know. IT is so stupid simple with little effort and the results are amazing. Plus it's a great way to use up any left over baked sweet potatoes. —Colleen Stem
- 1 sweet potato
- 1-2 pitted medjool dates (I sometimes even go without)
- 1 teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon (can use regular for less sweet spiciness)
- Bake sweet potato until tender, or use the left over one from dinner last night. Remove skin (eat or feed to dog) and place into a blender or food processor with the date(s) and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. You can add a splash or two of water to thin it out to desired constancy. Scoop out and eat right away or place in the fridge to firm up a bit.
- Optional but lovely. Add some coconut cream on top with some chopped nuts. A scoop of nut butter or even some chopped up fruit would be nice. Also great as a oatmeal or plain yogurt mix in.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Thanksgiving Leftovers