Author Notes: Is this a recipe… I don't know. IT is so stupid simple with little effort and the results are amazing. Plus it's a great way to use up any left over baked sweet potatoes. —Colleen Stem
pitted medjool dates
teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon (can use regular for less sweet spiciness)
- Bake sweet potato until tender, or use the left over one from dinner last night. Remove skin (eat or feed to dog) and place into a blender or food processor with the date(s) and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. You can add a splash or two of water to thin it out to desired constancy. Scoop out and eat right away or place in the fridge to firm up a bit.
- Optional but lovely. Add some coconut cream on top with some chopped nuts. A scoop of nut butter or even some chopped up fruit would be nice. Also great as a oatmeal or plain yogurt mix in.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Thanksgiving Leftovers
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates