If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Italian Rice Cakes are a super yummy way to use leftover rice from the night before if you have it – but it’s worth cooking up a fresh batch of rice to make too! The seasoning is subtle so that the rice can be the star of the show. They taste amazing with any toppings you might associate with risotto: asparagus, shrimp and fresh tomato; bacon and grilled brussel sprouts; or argula, pancetta and shaved parmesan. —todayimight.com
- 2 cups cooked white rice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare rice to yield about 2 cups cooked (roughly ⅔ cup dry rice).
- Once rice has cooked, refrigerate until completely cooled.
- In a medium bowl, mix together egg, butter, flour, and parmesan to form thick batter.
- Season mixture with salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper and garlic powder and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add 2 cups of cooked rice to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat, once oil is hot turn heat down to medium.
- Form patties with the rice mixture that are approximately 3" in diameter and about ½" thick.
- Place patties in the frying pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes until underside is golden brown.
- Flip patties and cook opposite side until golden brown - another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove to a rack or paper towel to drain excess oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan