If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple and easy salad idea —Sara Kidd
- 3 cups salt reduced veggie stock or filtered water
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup large green apple grated
- 1 piece large carrot grated
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons chai seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 splash wheat free tamari or soy sauce
- Put stock into large pot with 1tsp coconut oil and molasses. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover pot and let couscous sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Gently break the couscous with a fork and check it has absorbed all water. If not let sit for another few minutes. Fluff it gently with a fork by scraping the surface and breaking up the clumps for light and fluffy couscous.
- Put remaining ingredients into a bowl and stir until ingredients are coated with cinnamon and chia seeds. Mix couscous with ingredients from bowl and serve with kale leaves and a sprinkle of tamari sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of