If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This one is for the poutine purists: Crispy French fries, legit cheese curds so fresh that they squeak, and gloopy brown gravy that sticks to your ribs. —Dana Sandonato
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 10 ounces beef broth
- 5 ounces chicken broth
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds Extra Cripsy french fries
- 1 cup fresh cheese curds
- Bake the French fries in the oven as per the packages instructions.
- Set your cheese curds aside.
- In a small bowl or mug, combine the cornstarch and water. Stir until the corn starch has completely dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the flour, whisking often, for approx. 5 minutes or until the mixture turns golden brown in color.
- Add the garlic and simmer for another 30 seconds.
- Finally, add the beef and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, whisking regularly.
- Stir in the cornstarch and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Season with ground black pepper. Taste and season further if needed. Taste and season further if needed.
- Cover and keep warm until the fries are ready.
- Once the fries are ready, distribute them into their respective dishes. Spoon some gravy onto the fries, add the cheese curds (approx. 1/2 cup per serving), and then drizzle with more gravy so the curds get all melty.