If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I discovered 'Merrill' meatloaf, aka Oliver Clark's, I found heaven. As an MOT ('Married' Mom of three), with a full-time job, I have recipes, which I cook in bulk and which help stem the flow in a busy week. I won't repeat the recipe here (search for it on food52) - what I will do is give you 10 ideas to use the meatloaf mixture - raw and cooked. Hope you enjoy them —Kitchen Butterfly
Serves: many, in many ways
Oliver Clark's Meatloaf on food52
Optional flavourings - fresh herbs - I love a thyme and lemon zest combo; coriander and cumin seeds (Dry roasted and crushed); with paprika and aleppo pepper, an endless list really
- Oven-baked Meatballs - Use a portion of the raw mixture to make meatballs. You can bake them at the same time you bake the meatloaf
- 'Patties'- Shape some of the raw mixture into patties and pan-grill/fry or oven bake to be served in buns
- Eat it as it is- fresh from the oven with rice or potatoes and maybe a salad
- Bolognese - make a traditional sauce,with passata and some crumbled up cooked meatloaf! Flavour with cumin and coriander for a spice twist. (I've also used the raw meatloaf mix, without baking to make a bolognese)
- Cannelloni - I made some with Schiaffoni, (large pasta tubes). I stuffed them with the cooked left over meat, and layered them in a dish, over went some bechamel and grated cheese, baked in the oven and a delicious pasta dish was had!
- Stuffed sarnie- use the cooked meatloaf as a sandwich filling (no news here!)
- Cottage or Shephard’s pie - easy, layer cooked meatloaf, some sauce and a topping of mashed potatoes
- Lasagne…..again, a bit like the #5 and 7
- Stuffed veggies - Hollow out veggies like Courgettes, Tomatoes, Bell peppers and stuff with cooked meatloaf mixture. Top with grated cheese or garlicky breadcrumbs and grill/bake
- Spaghetti fritters - mix some cooked meatloaf with cooked spaghetti. Season and flavour with herbs. Then bind together with some egg and pan fry small spoonfuls, cooking on both sides