If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy, fresh and healthy! White beans puréed with roasted garlic, fresh rosemary and lemon juice. Served with toasted pita and ENDLESS toppings! —The Hungry Leopard
Makes 3 cups
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- pita bread, cut into wedges
- Pine nuts
- piquillo peppers
- marinated artichokes
- cured meats, such as prosciutto
- radishes, sliced
- balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove excess papery layers of garlic and cut off “head” of garlic, exposing the cloves. Tip: the head is the part that resembles a small tail.
- Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of EVOO over exposed cloves. Wrap the garlic head in aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, pierce center clove with knife. It should be soft and golden brown.
- Let garlic cool and then pop 4 cloves from paper. (Additional cloves can be stored in refrigerator for 2 weeks)
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans in colander.
- In bowl of food processor, combine beans, water, EVOO, 4 garlic cloves, rosemary, salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Process until desired texture (smooth or chunky) is reached.
- Serve with toasted pita wedges, chips or crackers. Remember, the sky is the limit for toppings!