If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy, fresh and healthy! White beans puréed with roasted garlic, fresh rosemary and lemon juice. Served with toasted pita and ENDLESS toppings! —The Hungry Leopard
Makes: 3 cups
cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
cup extra virgin olive oil
cloves of roasted garlic
tablespoon fresh rosemary
juice of 1 lemon
fresh cracked black pepper
pita bread, cut into wedges
cured meats, such as prosciutto
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove excess papery layers of garlic and cut off “head” of garlic, exposing the cloves. Tip: the head is the part that resembles a small tail.
- Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of EVOO over exposed cloves. Wrap the garlic head in aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, pierce center clove with knife. It should be soft and golden brown.
- Let garlic cool and then pop 4 cloves from paper. (Additional cloves can be stored in refrigerator for 2 weeks)
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans in colander.
- In bowl of food processor, combine beans, water, EVOO, 4 garlic cloves, rosemary, salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Process until desired texture (smooth or chunky) is reached.
- Serve with toasted pita wedges, chips or crackers. Remember, the sky is the limit for toppings!