If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious no-bake tart made using rice flakes and millets, binded with almonds, sweetened with jaggery. To make it more scrumptious, it is filled with fresh strawberries and cheese whipped together. —Priya Srinivasan
For the Tart
cup Rice Flakes/Poha
cup Barnyard millet
grams Lindt dark chocolate, melted
For the filling
cup Labneh/Curd cheese
grams Cream cheese
pieces Fresh, plump strawberries
cup Caster sugar
- Dry roast poha, barnyard millet, almonds and cashew-nuts separately. Let it cool completely. In a mixer, take poha and barnyard millet together. Powder them both finely. To this fine powder add the nuts and start pulsing. Halfway through, add the jaggery and melted chocolate and pulse again until the mixture clumps together.
- Transfer the mixture to the tart pan with a removable bottom, press it down tightly. cling-wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2-3 hours
- Remove the tart from the refrigerator. Pour the strawberry cheese on top, Tap the pan for the cheese to settle. Cling-wrap and refrigerate for about 4-5 hours for the cheese to set.
- I have used only half the filling on the tart/cheese-cake. The remaining, i poured in individual glasses and chilled. Both my kiddos enjoyed them as dessert.
- Remove the tart on to a serving plate, drizzle chocolate sauce, decorate with strawberry and chocolate pearls. Cut and serve.
- NOTES The filling doesn't have any stabilising agents like gelatin or agar-agar. It will be like a pudding. If you want a set filling use either gelatin or agar-agar as per your choice. The jaggery can also be completed avoided by adding 8-10 dates to the base ingredients.