If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This yummy granola is loaded with crunchy pistachios, flaked coconut and sweet chewy dates. —garlic and zest
Makes 6 cups
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup roasted shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup orange blossom or citrus-y honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted dates
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, pistachios, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, coconut and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, oil, and brown sugar and heat over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a rolling boil and the sugar is dissolved. Pour the honey mixture over the oats and stir until thoroughly combined. Add the dates and mix well.
- Divide the granola between the two sheet pans and spread it out into a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, stir the granola and arrange in a single layer again.
- Bake for a second 10 minutes and stir. Spread the granola into a single layer and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the dates to the granola and toss to combine. Let cool to room temperature until dry and crisp. Store in an airtight container.