If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beautifully tender pieces of chicken delicately spiced and cooked in a thick coconut and almond flavoured sauce —Hari Ghotra
- 4-6 Chicken thigh fillets
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 3cm ginger, roughly chopped
- 150 grams Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Gram flour
- 1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
- 6 Black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Crumble saffron into a small bowl and add the milk and leave to steep.
- Then add the roughly chopped ginger and garlic and pound to create an aromatic paste.
- Place chicken into a large bowl and add the yoghurt, gram flour, turmeric and the paste from the pestle and mortar. Stir thoroughly, cover and leave to marinade for an hour or longer if possible.
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 Onions
- 1-3 Red chillies
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Cardamoms
- 3cm Cassia bark
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 75 grams Creamed coconut
- 2 teaspoons Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Poppy seeds
- 1 handful Chopped corinader
- 1 Squeeze of lemon juice
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cloves, cardamom, cassia and the dried red chillies and fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the minced onions and fry gently on a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until they just begin to brown.
- Add the marinated chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Place the lid on the pan, reduce the heat and leave to cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour in the creamed coconut, with the ground almonds and poppy seeds then stir to thicken.
- Increase the heat and simmer until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened to the consistency you want. Pour in the saffron milk for added decadence and remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the garam masala and fresh coriander. You can also add a squeeze of lemon juice for added freshness, then serve.