If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is one of my favorite ways to use date caramel. I also added some weird powders - you can use just maca or mesquite or other powdered superfood you love, or simply cacao or carob powder. —Valentina | sweet kabocha
for the caramel
- 2 cups / 300 g pitted medjoul dates
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- water as needed
- Blend all ingredients to obtain a really thick but smooth cream
- Reserve in fridge.
for the bars
- 1 cup / 110 raw old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup / 85 g raw buckwheat
- 1/2 cup / 55 pecans
- 1 + 1/4 cups / 175 g raisins
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1/2 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch vanilla powder
- In a high-speed blender grind the first three ingredients to obtain a thin flour. Add salt, vanilla and your super foods and blend for few seconds. Now add raisins and blend until the dough starts to held together.
- With your hand mix everything in a bowl.
- Press about the 3/4 of the dough in a prepared square or loaf pan until firm and flat. With a spoon spread the caramel over the base and crumble the last part of the dough on top.
- Reserve in fridge to firm up before cutting in squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates