If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mocha Chip Hazelnut Biscotti recipe, loaded with chopped hazelnuts, chocolate chips, and coffee, glazed in melted chocolate and topped w/toasted hazelnuts. —Holly
Serves about 20
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Folgers instant coffee
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For The Glaze:
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped & toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and instant coffee in a medium bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, salt and vanilla in a large bowl to blend. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in the hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a 12-inch long, 4-inch wide log on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the log on a cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut on a diagonal into ½ to ¾-inch-thick slices. Arrange the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti until crisp & dry, about 15 minutes. Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- For the glaze, stir the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts. Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate onto one end of each biscotti and immediately sprinkle with the chopped toasted hazelnuts. Do this over the sink or over a second cookie sheet to avoid a mess!
- Place the biscotti on the baking sheet for the chocolate to set. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.