If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Classic cinnamon sugar-coated chewy sugar cookies filled with everyone's favorite chocolate spread, Nutella.
Classic cinnamon sugar-coated chewy sugar cookies filled with everyone's favorite chocolate spread, Nutella.—Yossy Arefi
Makes: about 30 cookies
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoons cream of tartar
teaspoon baking soda
cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour mixture all at once and stir until well mixed, with no dry spots remaining. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for rolling. Spoon the Nutella in a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip (or a plastic zip-top bag: Fill with Nutella, then cut the corner).
- Scoop the cookie dough into rounded tablespoon-sized balls, about 1 1/2 inches big. Flatten the balls, making a small well to fill with the Nutella. Pipe a scant teaspoon of Nutella into each well then use your fingers to press the cookie dough around the Nutella, sealing it in the ball. Alternately, carefully spoon the Nutella into the wells. Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar, then place them on one of the prepared baking sheets. Freeze the dough balls for 15 minutes before baking.
- To bake: Arrange the cookies on the baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 11 to 15 minutes, until puffy and barely golden around the edges, rotating the pans from top to bottom and front to back halfway through the baking time.
- Cool completely on the baking sheets.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!