- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, egg and cinnamon until well blended.
- Dip each slice of panettone into the egg mixture for a few seconds on each side, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture.
- Add the butter to the hot pan and frying the french toast for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, peel and slice the orange with a knife. Start by trimming the top and bottom off. Sit the fruit on one end and carefully cut the rind off in strips by following the curve of the fruit. Once the orange is peeled, lay it on one side and cut nice thick slices. Keep aside.
- Plate the panettone french toast on a plate with the orange slices. Top with a dollop of yogurt, some pomegranate seeds and drizzle with maple syrup.