If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Sweet melody of dates, figs and other dried nuts with zero sugar, makes this one yumm desert, an instant energy boost and a quick snack —Priya Srinivasan
Makes: 20 -22
cup dried figs
cup Dates, seedless preferred
cup chopped almonds
cup chopped cashewnuts
cup desiccated coconut
cup Ghee/Clarified butter
- Soak Figs in Hot water for 5 minutes. Drain. Take it along with dates in a blender/mixer and blend smooth.
- In a heavy bottom add 2 tbsp of ghee. add the chopped nuts and toast. When they start changing color, add the ground figs and dates paste to it and mix well.
- Let this mixture cook in a slow flame. Keep Stirring to avoid burning. Do not be tempted to increase the flame. After 10 minutes,the mixture will start following the ladle as you mix. add the remaining 2 tbsp ghee and desiccated coconut and keep stirring.
- When it comes together as single mass take it off the flame let it cool in the pan itself. when it is warm enough to touch, make ping-pong sized balls out of it. Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- If you want to make it even pretty, roll the balls in a bed of chopped pistachios/cocoa/roasted coconut.
- If you prefer them as bars, then pour the cooked mass on to a parchment laid tray, make marks for cutting. Let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour, cut them into squares and store.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit