Author Notes: A Sweet melody of dates, figs and other dried nuts with zero sugar, makes this one yumm desert, an instant energy boost and a quick snack —Priya Srinivasan
Makes: 20 -22
cup dried figs
cup Dates, seedless preferred
cup chopped almonds
cup chopped cashewnuts
cup desiccated coconut
cup Ghee/Clarified butter
In This Recipe
- Soak Figs in Hot water for 5 minutes. Drain. Take it along with dates in a blender/mixer and blend smooth.
- In a heavy bottom add 2 tbsp of ghee. add the chopped nuts and toast. When they start changing color, add the ground figs and dates paste to it and mix well.
- Let this mixture cook in a slow flame. Keep Stirring to avoid burning. Do not be tempted to increase the flame. After 10 minutes,the mixture will start following the ladle as you mix. add the remaining 2 tbsp ghee and desiccated coconut and keep stirring.
- When it comes together as single mass take it off the flame let it cool in the pan itself. when it is warm enough to touch, make ping-pong sized balls out of it. Store them in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- If you want to make it even pretty, roll the balls in a bed of chopped pistachios/cocoa/roasted coconut.
- If you prefer them as bars, then pour the cooked mass on to a parchment laid tray, make marks for cutting. Let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour, cut them into squares and store.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit