If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Called "got-gam hodu mari" in Korean, these dainty treats were once a delicacy served to ancient royalty. The roulades require just three ingredients (no sugar) and make a great teatime snack or healthy dessert. Look for whole dried persimmons ("gotgam") at your local Asian grocery store. —bburikitchen
got-gam (dried persimmons)
unbroken walnut halves
a few dabs
- Cut off the top and bottom of the persimmon, then slice the fruit down one side lengthwise (don’t cut all the way through, just to the center!) so it opens up into a nice, flat piece. Repeat for each fruit. Make sure to remove any seeds.
- Take two halves of walnut and stick them together with honey. Repeat.
- Place your walnut pieces, one in the center of each piece of fruit, and start rolling. As you roll, press down tightly and evenly.
- Remove the pieces of cling wrap and arrange on a plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit