If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My kids love fingers food. Regular size crab cakes are too big fro them, this is more fun and just as delicious. I made this for brunch and served it with a nice green salad on the side and crudités. —Virginie Degryse
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 1 tablespoon Vegenaise (or good quality mayonnaise)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- few drops spicy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Mix all the ingredients together and form mini cakes, I use either an ice cream scooper or a 1/4 cup as a mold.
- Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, it will help hold the crab cakes together when you cook them.
- Heat some vegetable oil and cook the cakes for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy.
- Basil mayo: 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves, washed and dried and 1/2 cup of vegenaise (or good quality mayonnaise). Put everything in blender and process.
- Et Voila, Bon Appétit!