Author Notes: A satisfying Cauliflower Kale Frittata with only four ingredients and takes under 30 minutes to make! A savory breakfast that's gluten free, low calorie and Paleo too. —Megan Olson
cup crumbled cauliflower
cup kale, removed from ribs & shredded
teaspoons grated parmasean
large egg whites
teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add cauliflower crumbles to the skillet with 1/4 cup water.
- Cover the skillet to cook the cauliflower until it softens, about 8 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper with a hand mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add kale, garlic powder and thyme to the skillet stirring to combine with the cauliflower.
- Once the kale has wilted, removed the vegetables from the skillet and add them to the egg mixture.
- Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray and add the eggs and vegetables back into the skillet, sprinkle with parmesan, cover and cook until the edges are set, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the broiler to high. After 5 minutes, remove the cover and place the skillet in the oven for 8 minutes until the top of the frittata is cooked.