If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Woohoo! Bourbon soaked fruit and nuts dipped in chocolate. What's not right about that?
And you could totally swap out the cherries for another yummy fruit (pineapple or apricots sound good) and the nut for another nut of choice. Maybe make a day of it and soak a bunch of fruits and nuts in bourbon and see what you can do.. just don't be driving anywhere afterwards. —Colleen Stem
Makes 6-8 (depending on size)
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cherries
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 medjool dates (PITTED)
- enough yummy bourbon to cover the cherries and almonds
- 1/2 cup good quailty semi sweet chocolate (can use your favorite chocolate bar)
- flaked sea salt (optional)
- Place dried cherries, dates and almonds into a shallow bowl and cover with bourbon. Let soak for about an hour or until the cherries are nice and plumed up the bourbon. Strain the fruit and nuts from the bourbon (maybe make yourself a cocktail with the left over bourbon) and place into a food processor. Blend until the mixture comes together and comes away from the sides of the blender. With a spoon or scoop, portion out 6-8 equal-ish sized balls and roll them into compact balls and place on a baking sheet. Place in the freezer to set. After about 10 minutes, melt down the chocolate (either in the microwave or a double boiler), grab the chilled balls from the freezer and dip each ball into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle immediately with sea salt. Place back in freezer or in a cool place until the chocolate sets up. Eat and be happy. Keep away from the children!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit