If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Never buy granola again! With this sweet, crunchy, cinnamony home-made granola you can make super fast, super easy and better than store-bought...you wont need to! —Luz Landa
Makes 4 cups
- 2 cups Oatmeal
- 1 cup Cornflakes
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 1/3 cup Chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup Dried Aprictos
- 1/3 cup Almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 splash Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- Preheat Oven to 300F / 150 C
- Add water, honey, oil, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon to a small saucepan and place on the stove on high until it boils. Make sure sugar and honey dissolves well. Boil for about a minute.
- In a bowl, add all of the dry ingredientes (except for raisins, aprictos and chocolate).
- Add the wet mix into the dry ingrdients and mix well. Spread the mix on a large baking tray and place in the oven for at least 40 minutes. Check up on the mix from time to time, stirring and making sure it´s drying out.
- Granola should be almost completely dry by the time you take it out of the oven. It will dry out a bit more one it´s cooled.
- When cooled, add the chocolate, raisins and dried apricots.
- Store in air-tight containers. Will keep for a couple of weeks (if it lasts that long anyway!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit