If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using the Food 52's "All about pork chops" guide I picked some center cut pork hops for this recipe. Just 5 ingredients, a few minutes of dry brining and they go direct to the oven without the need to be seared on the stove. They turned out juicy and crisp thanks to some butter for self-basting and a high oven-short time cooking. With some chimichurri or pesto and a salad they make a great and easy weeknight dinner! —Devorak Amadeo
Makes 6 pork chops
- 6 center-cut pork chops
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter, 1/2 Tbsp for each chop
- 6 sprigs parsley, optional
- Let them rest for 20 to 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place the tray in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, turning the tray after the first 10 to 15 minutes to prevent the ones on the back from burning. Take them out of the oven and wait 5 minutes before tasting. Serve with some chimichurri or pesto sauce.