If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crispy Date Balls came into my life, ironically, when I was a teen and first subject to the misery of braces, which, of course, prohibited the enjoyment of sticky chewy things. Maybe that's why I became so passionate about them! Since then, I created an hors d'oeuvre that filled dates with curry paste and wrapped them in bacon, but they lacked the crispies, so in this version, they are all combined! —LE BEC FIN
- 8 ounces dried dates and persimmons(or all dates), chopped
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup demerara sugar(or white)
- 1/4 cup Madras curry paste (I use Patak's)
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked til crisp, drained and blotted, chopped
- 2 cups brown rice crisps
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Mix dried fruit through curry paste and cook over very low heat til the fruit is melted and pureed. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Adjust seasoning as needed. Wet your hands and roll the mixture into 1" balls. Serve as is or dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit