Author Notes: This is a simple, healthy and delicious recipe! —Cameron Stell
Serves: 4 people/side dish
pound brussel sprouts
tablespoons olive oil
cup dried cranberries
cup chopped walnuts
cup balsamic vinegar
- Shave brussel sprouts and drizzle with olive oil
- Place sprouts in a large pot on medium low heat, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Toast walnuts in 400 degree oven for about 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine brussel sprouts, cranberries, walnuts and salt and pepper to taste, chill in fridge.
- In a small sauce pan add vinegar and heat to medium high until boiling and turn down to medium low.
- Reduce vinegar for 10-15 minutes, watching constantly as to not over reduce.
- Vinegar should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve.
- Goes great with pork!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit