If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This detoxifying Raw Vegan Hot Sauce is light, green and has an intensely bright flavor that wakes up any average meal with Celery, Cilantro, Parsley, Bird Peppers, Lime and more. —Maren Epstein
Makes 1 quart
- 4 tablespoons pickled Chili Pequin or Bird Peppers, stems removed
- 4 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 1 medium White Onion, chopped
- 1 handful Cilantro Leaves
- 1 handful Parsley Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Limes, juiced
- Pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in the blender. Fill the blender half way up with water and emulsify ingredients until smooth.
- Notes Make sure that you use the same amount of Parsley and Cilantro. Don’t use the stems only the leaves. You can always add more Garlic and Pepper to make it spicier. I made the recipe white girl mild. Make sure only to use fresh garlic. If the sauce is too thin just add more celery. You can buy jarred Chili Pequin in Latin Markets. These tiny peppers are insanely spicy so use sparingly. The Vinegar is important to add because it preserves the sauce so that it will last for one month in the refrigerator.