Author Notes: Raisin studded oatmeal breakfast rolls, inspired from averie's. The original has egg, i have made it eggless. Loved the soft and fluffy, pillowy rolls, perfect as breakfast or as a yumm snack with your evening cuppa! —Priya Srinivasan
Makes: 12-15 rolls
cups Bread Flour
cup Rolled oats
cup Mixed Berries and Raisins(combination of raisins, cranberries, currants, or other dried fruit may be used)
teaspoons instant yeast
1 & 1/2
teaspoons Cinnamon powder
tablespoons melted butter for brushing the rolls
tablespoons honey for brushing the rolls
- Heat milk in a saucepan, add honey and stir to dissolve. Let the milk heat up, do not let to boil. Take it off the stove and add butter to it. Let it sit and hit lukewarm to be used to knead the dough.
- I used my food processor to make the dough, it can also be hand kneaded. Take flour, salt,yeast and cinnamon together in the food processor bowl.Run at low speed for a minute for the contents to mix well. Add dried berries to it and run again for 1/2 a second to mix.
- To this mix, slowly add lukewarm milk and start kneading a soft dough. If kneading by hand knead about 8-10 minutes, sprinkling flour as when required to get a smooth dough. I kneaded till i got a sticky dough in the processor and then took the dough to the kneading surface(i,e) my kitchen platform and hand kneaded it to get a smooth dough. Dough will be firm, smooth, not sticky, and elastic.
- Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in warm, for 1 hour or until doubled in size. After it doubles, Punch down dough. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board and knead for 5 minutes. Divide dough into 12-15 equal pieces and shape into round rolls. Place rolls on greased baking or cookie sheet. Cover and let rise in warm place for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180C , brush the top of the rolls with honey and butter mixture. Bake the rolls for 25-30 minutes or until rolls turn lovely golden brown on top. Remove rolls from sheet and let cool a bit on a wire rack. Serve warm as breakfast/snack.
- Rolls can be left on the counter for 2-3 days in an air-tight storage. While serving warm it for 20 seconds in a microwave. These can also be frozen for later use. If serving from the freezer, wrap it in a foil and bake again @180 C for 10 minutes and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit