If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet raisin jam and salty whipped feta make for a nice appetizer! All the parts can be make ahead and put together quickly when ready to serve. —inpatskitchen
Makes: many crostini
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
cup minced shallot
cups golden raisins
cup granulated sugar
3/4 to 1 cup water
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
ounces softened cream cheese
ounces crumbled feta cheese
A few tablespoons milk or brine from the feta if you have it
Extra virgin olive oil for brushing on the baguette slices
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add the shallot and gently sauté until they soften. Stir in the raisins and sugar and add enough water to just cover the raisins.
- Bring the mixture up to a boil and then simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes. Off the heat, stir in the balsamic vinegar and let cool.
- Place the mixture in a mini food processor or blender and blend until almost smooth. Remove to a bowl.
- Place the cream cheese and feta in a (mini) food processor, add a tablespoon of milk or feta brine and start processing, adding more liquid as needed to create a dense whipped mixture.
- Cut your baguette into 1/4 inch slices and brush each side with a little olive oil. Bake the slices in a pre heated 350F oven for about 10 minutes. Cool.
- When ready to serve, spread some of the whipped feta on each crostini and top with some raisin jam.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit