Author Notes: Sweet raisin jam and salty whipped feta make for a nice appetizer! All the parts can be make ahead and put together quickly when ready to serve. —inpatskitchen
Makes: many crostini
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
cup minced shallot
cups golden raisins
cup granulated sugar
3/4 to 1 cup water
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
ounces softened cream cheese
ounces crumbled feta cheese
A few tablespoons milk or brine from the feta if you have it
Extra virgin olive oil for brushing on the baguette slices
In This Recipe
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add the shallot and gently sauté until they soften. Stir in the raisins and sugar and add enough water to just cover the raisins.
- Bring the mixture up to a boil and then simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes. Off the heat, stir in the balsamic vinegar and let cool.
- Place the mixture in a mini food processor or blender and blend until almost smooth. Remove to a bowl.
- Place the cream cheese and feta in a (mini) food processor, add a tablespoon of milk or feta brine and start processing, adding more liquid as needed to create a dense whipped mixture.
- Cut your baguette into 1/4 inch slices and brush each side with a little olive oil. Bake the slices in a pre heated 350F oven for about 10 minutes. Cool.
- When ready to serve, spread some of the whipped feta on each crostini and top with some raisin jam.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit