If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salmon glazed with simple, quick homemade teriyaki sauce —Vicky | Things I Made Today
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/4 cup mirin, sweet Japanese rice wine
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
For the fish:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound wild caught salmon, skin on, cut into 4 pieces
- Kosher salt
- In a small bowl, combine sake, mirin, and soy sauce. Stir to combine.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season salmon with salt, then place skin side down in hot pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Carefully flip salmon and cook on additional side for about 1 minute. Transfer to plate.
- Wipe out any fat from pan, then pour in sauce. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced significantly, about 4-5 minutes. Add salmon, skin side up, back into pan. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, spooning sauce over the fish, until salmon is cooked through and sauce has thickened and becomes syrupy.