If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love lentils and could eat them everyday. Soups are always an easy and fast dinner to put together. My kids love animal protein especially after a busy day at school and sports. So I just made this meatless for me (because I felt like it) and added chicken sausages for them. I guess it would be tasty with any kind of sausages, shredded chicken breast or even meatballs ( ohhhh I have to try that one for sure!) —Virginie Degryse
- 1-2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celeri
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils ( the "lentilles du Puy" are my favorites, they are the French ones)
- 1 packet chopped tomato sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leave
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 parmesan grind
- 1/2 cup cooking white wine
- 4 chicken sausages
- Gently heat the oil and add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Add salt and pepper and cook until softened and translucid, 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils and wine and stir for another minute, add the veggie stock and tomatoes. Add the herbs and parmesan rind, salt and pepper. Bring to boil then gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- Brown and chop the sauce while the soup is cooking, keep on the side when ready.
- When lentils are just tender, add the kale and remove the parmesan rind, taste and adapt salt and pepper to your taste.
- I divide the soup into bowls and add sausages for those who want them and sprinkle grated parmesan on top. I like it a little bit spicy so I will add chili flakes to mine.
- Et voila, Bon Appétit!