Author Notes: Inspired by the jar lurking at the back of the pantry when I was looking for something sticky to bind oats together! This recipe has a base of only 4 ingredients and as well as protein this delicious flapjack contains calcium, copper, magnesium, zinc, manganese, iron, B vitamins, folic acid and omega-3! :) —Life Diet Health
tablespoons maple syrup
tablespoons porridge oats (gluten free if required)
- Mix the tahini with the maple syrup.
- Gradually stir in the oats ensuring they are completely coated.
- Add the currants and combine into the mixture.
- Press into a tin OR lay on a dehydrator sheet.
- Bake at Gas 4 (350f / 180c) for 20 minutes OR dehydrate at 40c for 12 hours.