If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have adapted this recipe from the barefoot contessa. Surprisingly even though it is full of greens my kids love this!!! It is perfect fro lunch or brunch and when you have a crowd. —Virginie Degryse
store bought pie dough
zucchinis, thinly sliced
tablespoons olive oil
ounces plain goat cheese, softened
teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
teaspoon fresh lemon zest
cup fresh chopped basil
- Toss the zucchini with 2 tsp salt and drain for 30 minutes. Place them on a clean kitchen towel and gently squeeze to release excess water.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 400°F. Toss the zucchini with 1 Tbs. of the olive oil and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the goat cheese with a fork and add lemon zest and fresh thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Spread the cheese over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Arrange the zucchinis starting in the middle going into circles until the whole surface is full. Drizzle with the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil and bake until the zucchini is golden-brown, 40 to 50 minutes.
- When ready drizzle a little bit of olive oil and salt and add fresh basil all over.
- I think that a couple of tsp of fresh parmesan on it would be amazing ( I haven't tried yet but just thinking about it makes me want to do this tart right now).
- Et Voila, Bon Appétit!