If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easily one of my favorite side dishes- super simple, savory, and sweet. The recipe is adapted from blogger With Love Kacie, and can be found on our website here: http://stockedgeneralstore...
The mustard used in the recipe can also be purchased here: http://stockedgeneralstore... —Krista Nelson
pounds organic carrots
cups extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons Mustard and Co. classic mustard
cup balsamic vinegar
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash carrots and chop off the tips and tops. Cut small carrots into halves, slice larger carrots into quarters so they’re close to uniform size. Place them in a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of real maple syrup, Mustard and Co. Classic mustard, and extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl. Whip them together. Pour marinade into large bowl with carrots. Add salt and pepper. Toss carrots for even coat. Dump carrots onto aluminum foil-lined large cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet into your oven preheated to 425º F (220º C). Turn carrots over every 10 minutes until caramelized. Should take 30 minutes to caramelize.
- While the carrots roast in the oven, combine ½ cup of maple syrup and ½ cup of balsamic vinegar in saucepan. Place on stove at medium heat. Whisk occasionally. It should take 10 minutes to reduce to 2/3 cup.
- Once carrots are caramelized, remove from oven and place on serving dish. Drizzle balsamic reduction on carrots. Use your fingers to break it up if necessary. Top with chèvre to preference.
- Serve it quickly, while it’s fresh and hot. Serve alongside a saucer of balsamic reduction, so guests can add extra to taste.