If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Packed in all the nutritional goodness this adzuki beans hummus with sweet potato chips is a great snack for a friends gathering. Creamy and garlicy-nutty in taste with a fresh twist from kale and lemon. —Sylwia | Vibrant Food Stories
Sweet potato chips
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced lengthwise (1/8-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons mild paprika
- Preheat oven to 185°C / 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix sliced sweet potatoes, oliv oil, paprika, a few pinches of sea salt and pepper until all potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes, then flip over and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and transfer to a new baking sheet/large platter or plate. Let potatoes cool in a single layer. Notes: It’s important that the potatoes cool in a single layer and not placed on top of one another – that will prevent from getting soggy and maintain the crispiness.
Adzuki beans hummus
- 0,5 cups adzuki beans, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, more for serving
- 0,5 teaspoons sea salt
- fresh peppar, to taste
- 4 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 cups kale leafs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 0,2 cups water
- In a blender or food processor, add the adzuki beans (reserve a handful for serving), kale, garlic, tahini, 0,5 teaspoon salt, and some peppar to taste. Blend for 1 minute.
- Add the water, lemon juice and blend on high speed for 2 minutes, until the hummus is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with roasted adzuki beans (se instructions below), 1 tbsp oliv oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- For the toppig (optional): Heat 1 teaspoon oliv oil, add 1 chopped garlic clove and the remaining, unused adzuki beans. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until crispy.