If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Got granola? Lose the boring bowl and give your soda bread an easy and delicious makeover with this recipe.
—Karrie / Tasty Ever After
Makes 1 round loaf
- 2 1/4-2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup blueberry granola
- 1/4 cup demerara sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir in granola and demerara sugar. Mix in butter with a pastry cutter or use fingers until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Mix together yogurt and egg in a small bowl. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir well. Knead together lightly with hands to form a round loaf. Place loaf on parchment paper or silpat lined cookie sheet. Take a knife and lightly cut an 'X' on the top of loaf. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped on top.
- Transfer loaf to wire rack and let cool at least 5 minutes before cutting into slices.