If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This bread is refined sugar free and can be prepared vegan if using an egg alternative. The full post and more recipes are on my website at:
aliroux.com —Ali Roux
- 1 3/4 cups sifted whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ginger
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (can also use honey or agave syrup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 175C. Spray a 9x5 inch bread pan with cooking spray or rub with butter.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and thoroughly mix. Combine all wet ingredients (except potatoes) in a medium sized bowl. Add sweet potatoes to wet mixture and stir to mix. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine. Fold in nuts.
- Pour bread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before serving. Enjoy!