If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ok, I did it again: left my dinner groceries in the fridge at work. So much for the Vietnamese Squid I'd been looking forward to. What's in the home fridge? Russet potatoes, turkey bacon, greens....maybe a plan. —Tashipluto
Slice of turkey bacon ( or pork, I guess)
cups Greens-- I used beet greens because that's what I had!
Half a large shallot, or one whole small one
Clove of garlic
tablespoons Sour cream, yogurt, or creme fraiche
tablespoons Parmigiana cheese, finely grated
teaspoons Red pepper flakes (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Microwave potato for 10 minutes or until a fork can easily go through. (Prick the raw potato with a fork a few times before putting in the microwave)j
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into half-inch pieces and sauté in one tablespoon of olive oil until crispy.
- Remove and drain bacon, add additional tablespoon of olive oil and add shallots, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes, or until fragrant and soft -- not burnt.
- Add chopped greens and cook until wilted and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Slice potato in half and remove most of the potato, leaving only enough to keep the shell in tact. Mash the potato in a small bowl, adding your choice of sour cream, yogurt, or creme fraiche (or a combination) and the parmigiana cheese. Add the cooked greens and bacon and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put potato mixture back into the potato shells and place in a gratin dish or other shallow baking pan. Grate additional cheese and sprinkle additional olive oil on top, to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is crispy, but not burnt.
- Enjoy and forget about the squid!