If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ready in about 20 minutes, this dish is a go-to for a busy weeknight! —mtlabor
- 8-12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 cooked chicken thighs, skin and bones removed, then shredded
- Heat a dutch oven over high heat. Add the olive oil and when shimmering stir in the mushrooms, garlic, and onions. Saute until the mushrooms start to become soft, about 5 minutes.
- Season the mushroom mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Add in the chicken broth and cream. Cover and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the mushrooms are completely tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth or at a texture you prefer. Stir in shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper if needed. Ladle into bowls and serve!