If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a hearty appetizer, worthy of a meal - depending on how you slice it. Hot and filling chicken and pancetta along with light and refreshing diced tomato topping. Delicious and satisfying! —vivisue
Serves 6 as a meal - 12 as an appetizer
Part 1 - Bottom Part
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Elephant Garlic Clove, minced
- 6 1" slices of Focaccia Bread
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Pancetta
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Roasted Chicken
- 6 thin slices of Fontina Cheese
Part 2 - Topping
- 1 can diced Tomatoes, drained (or the equivalent in fresh Roma Tomatoes, seeded, drained and diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced Elephant Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- Fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- Spray extra large skillet with light coating of olive oil. Sprinkle all but 2 teaspoons of the garlic in the bottom of the pan. Add pancetta and cook until light brown. When done, remove garlic and pancetta from heat and let cool slightly. Rough chop pancetta and set aside with garlic.
- Brush, drizzle or spray both sides of bread slices with olive oil. Place bread in a large skillet and place on the stove at medium heat. When slightly browned, turn and brown other side. While the second side is browning, place chicken on top of bread. Top with pancetta/garlic mixture. Add one slice of Fontina Cheese to each piece. Remove from stove top and place under broiler in the middle over the oven for 5 minutes – or until cheese has melted thoroughly.
- While the bread is in the oven, combine the topping mixture tomatoes, basil, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, and 1 tablelspoon olive oil in bowl. Top each piece with mixture. Top with pepper and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Cut in half or quarters for appetizers or serve whole for a scrumptious and filling meal.