If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This banana bread is quick and easy to make and even better to take a bite of. It is under 15 ingredients and utilizes your over ripe bananas! Banana bread should be moist, sweet, and simple. You can check all that off! —spicenhoneyblog
Makes 1 large loaf or 2 small
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (for greasing)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Prepare your pan by greasing with butter, line with parchment (leaving some overhang for easy removal handles), grease again with butter and flour. Shake out excess flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugars, canola oil, buttermilk, bananas and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.