If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The morning glory is a kitchen sink type of muffin. Mix all the good-for-you ingredients that you most likely already have stocked in your kitchen and go to work. —Oat&Sesame
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup date sugar (any sugar will work, but will yield sweeter results)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut, more to top
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 small apple peeled and grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans, plus more to top
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (preferably homemade - I make and freeze into 1 cup portions every fall)
- 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Place oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 350°
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add the coconut, raisins, orange zest, apple, pineapple, carrots and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with the applesauce and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients, and blend well.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins lined with muffin cups. Spritz the muffin cups with cooking spray. Fill almost all the way, they don't rise much.
- Press extra nuts and coconut flakes onto the tops, if desired.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.