Author Notes: I bought the ingredients at the farmers market and brought them home, not quite sure what I'd make with them. My daughter, a vegetarian these last two years suggested soup. —JMetz
Serves: 4 people
2 lbs approx
yellow fingerling potatoes
cubes of vegetarian broth
salt and pepper to taste
herbs de provence
ghee (clarified butter)
water to cover ingredients
- heat enough olive oil to coat bottom of soup pot.
- coarse dice ramps and add to pot over medium heat, add ghee.
- add three cloves whole garlic
- dice and add potatoes
- when potatoes have sauteed for several minutes add vegetarian (or chicken) stock cubes, and enough water to cover ingredients. Toss in bay leaf, and a few pinches of good salt
- simmer until potatoes are just done, add dried herbs de provence, or fresh thyme if you have that, correct seasoning and enjoy.