If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Most popular and classic Korean beef BBQ dish that you can also make at home. Sesame seeds and oil makes this extra delicious. Both kids and adults will LOVE the taste. —JinJoo Lee
- 1 pound thinly sliced beef (top sirloin)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sake or red wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons pear puree
- Make sauce by mixing all of the marinade ingredients together except for any optional vegetables such as onions or mushrooms.
- Mix in the bulgogi beef into the sauce prepared above – in a bowl big enough to hold the beef. Make sure the sauce is well mixed with the beef. You will need to use your hands here and just massage everything together.
- You have couple options in cooking the amazing bulgogi. The easiest and simplest way is to just cook on your stove top. You can heat up your favorite frying pan on high heat and just pan fry/stir fry the meat until it’s slightly brown on both sides. Your pan should be hot enough so that the meat sizzles as it touches the pan. Also, if you put too much meat into the pan and/or the heat is too low, you will end up with a lot of the meat juice leaking out of the bulgogi and you end up with Bulgogi stew. You can add your sliced vegetables to the pan about a minute after you start cooking the Bulgogi.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame