If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you have that one last old banana to get rid of! This is so easy and healthy - I use a mini loaf pan for this and its perfect for two. It can also be made into about six muffins. For a vegan version, substitute any nut milk and 1 tbsp flaxseed+ 3 tbsp water for the egg.
This tastes better thoroughly cooled or the next day! —JC
Makes 1 mini loaf
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 very ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar (or other sugar)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or other oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- pecans, chocolate chips, etc. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the coconut oil and sugar together. Whisk in mashed bananas, egg, milk, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and baking soda. (If using flaxseed + water to substitute the egg, mix flaxseed and water then let sit for 5 minutes before adding in the mixture)
- Stir in the flour until combined.
- Stir in any mix-ins, such as pecans or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Bananas or Plantains