Author Notes: This rice pudding is so comforting, yet light at the same time because of the light coconut milk and low fat milk. Moreover, I wasn’t left with a rice pudding hang-over (well, just don’t eat more than one or two cups, otherwise you may be subjected to food coma). Mainly because the rice medley is heart-heathy and very energizing! Share this with those you adore because this rice pudding is nothing but L-O-V-E. —Allison from Haute Box
cup uncooked wild rice medley
cup light coconut milk
cup 1% milk
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup brown sugar
- Use the directions on the package of rice for 1/2 cup serving and cook in water with the cinnamon stick.
- This should take about 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Add the coconut milk, milk, vanilla and brown sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes or until a majority of the liquid is absorbed.
- Be careful not to absorb all the liquid. The rice pudding should be creamy and moist, not like a cake.
- Serve warm or room temperature and enjoy!