If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This rice pudding is so comforting, yet light at the same time because of the light coconut milk and low fat milk. Moreover, I wasn’t left with a rice pudding hang-over (well, just don’t eat more than one or two cups, otherwise you may be subjected to food coma). Mainly because the rice medley is heart-heathy and very energizing! Share this with those you adore because this rice pudding is nothing but L-O-V-E. —Allison from Haute Box
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice medley
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Use the directions on the package of rice for 1/2 cup serving and cook in water with the cinnamon stick.
- This should take about 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Add the coconut milk, milk, vanilla and brown sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes or until a majority of the liquid is absorbed.
- Be careful not to absorb all the liquid. The rice pudding should be creamy and moist, not like a cake.
- Serve warm or room temperature and enjoy!