Author Notes: There is nothing bashful about this salad...it's full of assertive flavors, hence the title. If you don't like/can't find organic dandelion greens, you can substitute your favorite greens (dandelion greens are incredibly nutritious, though, so do give them a try, if possible). —WinnieAb
strips bacon, preferably pastured and preservative-free
ramps, bottom white parts only
cups chopped organic dandelion greens
cup chopped organic parsley
tablespoons Cashel Blue Irish Farmhouse cheese
juice from 1/2 fresh lemon, preferably a Meyer lemon
cup best olive oil
teaspoon dijon mustard
ramps, bottom white parts only, minced
pinch of sea salt
- Cook the bacon in a hot skillet until crisp on both sides. Remove to a towel to drain and cool. Leave the hot bacon fat in the pan over medium heat.
- Toss the ramps into the hot bacon fat. Allow to cook for a minute or two, until nicely browned on all sides. Remove and allow to cool, then crumble into a small bowl and set aside.
- Coursely chop the ramps and mix in a medium bowl with the greens, parsley, and crumbled bacon. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and then pour over the salad. Crumble the blue cheese over the salad and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ramps