If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is nothing bashful about this salad...it's full of assertive flavors, hence the title. If you don't like/can't find organic dandelion greens, you can substitute your favorite greens (dandelion greens are incredibly nutritious, though, so do give them a try, if possible). —WinnieAb
- 3 strips bacon, preferably pastured and preservative-free
- 8 ramps, bottom white parts only
- 4 cups chopped organic dandelion greens
- 1 cup chopped organic parsley
- 3 tablespoons Cashel Blue Irish Farmhouse cheese
- Cook the bacon in a hot skillet until crisp on both sides. Remove to a towel to drain and cool. Leave the hot bacon fat in the pan over medium heat.
- Toss the ramps into the hot bacon fat. Allow to cook for a minute or two, until nicely browned on all sides. Remove and allow to cool, then crumble into a small bowl and set aside.
- Coursely chop the ramps and mix in a medium bowl with the greens, parsley, and crumbled bacon. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- juice from 1/2 fresh lemon, preferably a Meyer lemon
- 1/4 cup best olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 ramps, bottom white parts only, minced
- pinch of sea salt
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and then pour over the salad. Crumble the blue cheese over the salad and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ramps