If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have to give the credit for the dough to my boyfriend's family, but the topping combination I came up with on my own when I had some brussels sprouts lying around and not much else. Some of the best dinners are the kind that come, miraculously, out of a measly fridge. This pizza is like that. The brussels sprouts get crisped and their flavor nuttier, the potatoes soak up the garlic and rosemary oil and a few curls of parmesan on top right when it comes out of the oven brings out all the flavors. —kerokit
Makes: 2 pizzas
cup whole wheat flour
cups white flour
teaspoons olive oil
cups warm water
- Combine the whole wheat and white flours, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and warm water and mix well until combined.
- Drop the dough onto a well floured surface and give it a good knead.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise one to two hours. Punch down before rolling out for pizzas.
pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed
little red potatoes
tablespoons olive oil
pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to the highest temperature possible (no lower than 425 degrees). Slice brussels sprouts as thin as you can lengthwise (aim for a quarter inch although all is not lost if some come out thicker). Dump in a medium bowl and toss with a teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Slice potatoes as thin as you can and toss with a teaspoon of olive oil in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary and pepper flakes. Have a brush handy.
- Roll out your first pie, scatter some cornmeal on a peel and brush the dough with half of the garlic olive oil herby mixture. Arrange half the potato slices however you like on top. Then spread a few handfuls of brussels sprouts on top of that and slide onto your pizza stone.
- Bake for 12 minutes, give or take.
- Shave some parmesan over the top while the pie is still hot. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza