If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from an Israely baking cookbook by Hanna Shaulov. Its a combination between poppy seed and chocolate and a heaven for poppy seed lovers. I make it every year between Purim and passover, when fresh poppyseeds are at their best. —Neta Shpilman
tablespoons vegetable oil
tablespoon vanilla extract
teaspoon lemon zest
grams ground poppy seeds
grams finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
grams raisins (optional)
grams confectioner sugar (for decorating)
- preheat oven to 180 (c) ~ 375 (f)
- In a mixer bowl wheep eggs and sugar on high speed for 9 minutes.
- stop the mixer and genlty add all the other ingrediants.
- bake in a well greased springform pan for30- 35 minuest or until just set. do not overbake!
- chill to room temperature and decorate with confectioner sugar
- for a kosher to passover version just replace the breadcrumbs with matzo meal