If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I saw at the store I couldn't resist buying. Never used before, but I know what it is.
This is my take on puntarelle (Italian dandelion).
- 1 head of puntarelle (Italian dandelion)
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the recipes, you use only the inner shoots.
- To prepare the puntarelle, pull tender shoots away from the core and separate them. Cut off any hard white base, and then cut long ways from top to the bottom in fours but not all the way thru.
- Keep them in the cold water until you are ready to cook.
- Slice red onion.
- Sauté onions in hot oil for 2-3 minutes add wine and prepared puntarelle.
- Season with salt and black pepper, cover and cook 4-5 minutes.