Author Notes: When I saw at the store I couldn't resist buying. Never used before, but I know what it is.
This is my take on puntarelle (Italian dandelion).
head of puntarelle (Italian dandelion)
medium red onion
tablespoons sunflower oil
cup white wine
Freshly ground black pepper
In This Recipe
- For the recipes, you use only the inner shoots.
- To prepare the puntarelle, pull tender shoots away from the core and separate them. Cut off any hard white base, and then cut long ways from top to the bottom in fours but not all the way thru.
- Keep them in the cold water until you are ready to cook.
- Slice red onion.
- Sauté onions in hot oil for 2-3 minutes add wine and prepared puntarelle.
- Season with salt and black pepper, cover and cook 4-5 minutes.