If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasted Chicken so easy and moist you'll want to make it every week! —mtlabor
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 lbs.)
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 5 sliced wheat bread, cubed
- Pat the chicken dry and coat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with thyme, herbs de Provece, sage, salt, and pepper. Generously rub seasoning all over the bird. Let sit, uncovered, in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Heat a large skillet under medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add carrots, celery, and onions. Cook until starting to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Let cool and mix with bread cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stuff the chicken with mixture and any that doesn't fit can go in the roasting pan underneath the bird and the roasting rack.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Position bird, breast side down, on a roasting rack. Pour chicken stock carefully around chicken. Roast in oven for about 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours. Flip over bird, breast side up, and continue to roast for 1 to 1 & 1/2 hours longer (basting once or twice in between there), or until internal temperature is about 165 F.